THE MONO-SYLLABIC SPREE

THE WORLD DOESN'T KNOW ME YET, BUT IT WILL!

Name:
Location: Utica, NY

I AM the stein that's half empty, half full; I AM the white veins in the sky of a storm; I AM the ivory tusk on the wall; I AM the ants in your pants; I AM burning France; I AM a brooding coffee cup island; I AM fitter, happier, more productive; I AM the sun burning holes; I AM the wraith of long gone; I AM the artist in the television; I AM throwing down; I AM picking up; I AM iambic pentameter; I AM 100 IM; I AM the pox on your socks; I have chicken pox.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Spenzers

The Bitterman comic-strip which appeared in the February issue of Mad magazine shows a young girl named Zoe attempting to drag her uncle Joe into a Spenzers Gifts. The uncle protests entering the store by saying "Hell no!" and calling it a "cesspool" that "is no place for a girl of your age." He then goes on to say:

"These crappy novelty stores symbolize the decline of society. It's just a filthy display of cheap, perverted sex novelties and lame, 60s-inspired drug paraphernalia. Look around at the people in that place, Zoe--it's a congregation of Goth freaks and trailer trash, all stopping by to get a cheap laugh over phallic hand soap and battery-opperated fart machines. Every fake preteen "punk" can get a nipple ring while daddy ogles Carmen Electra posters. It's a den of illiteracy, immorality and ignorance."

The town in which I live is one giant Spenzers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home